The keyboard language can be changed in Windows 10 and 8.1, but not in Windows 7. This article will show you how to change the keyboard language in Windows 7.
The how to change keyboard layout windows 10 is a guide that will teach you how to add your language to the taskbar in Windows.
This article will teach you how to add a second keyboard language to Windows 11, how to add keyboard layout choices to the taskbar (or quick settings) in Windows 11, and how to use keyboard shortcut keys to switch between keyboard languages.
There is an optional stage during Windows 11 setup where you may install an alternative keyboard layout of any language. Don’t worry if you missed that step during the first setup. The Windows settings allow you to add as many keyboard languages as you like.
This guide is divided into three sections:
How to add any language’s keyboard layout to Windows 11
Here’s how to add the keyboard language you need in Windows 11 if you haven’t already.
- Select Settings from the Start menu in Windows 11. Alternatively, you may access Settings by using the Win + I keys.
- In Settings app, on the left pane, select Time & Language.
- Then, on the right pane, select Language & region.
- For the Preferred languages option, select Add a language under Language.
- Search for the language you wish to add in the “Choose a language to install” pop-up. After that, choose it and click Next.
- Next, choose whether you wish to install the optional language features or keep them as is. To continue, click Install.
- It’s possible that Windows will take a few minutes to finish installing the new language pack.
- You will be prompted to sign out of Windows once the installation is complete in order for the modifications to take effect. To do so, sign out of Windows by clicking the “Sign out” option, then sign back in.
- The keyboard layout for the new language will be available to use after it has been properly installed. Learn how to switch between keyboard layouts using the taskbar or keyboard shortcuts in the next part of this tutorial.
Optionally, activate the checkbox for “Set as my Windows display language” during step 6 if you wish to change the Windows primary language to the new language you’ve added.
The following images show how to install the Japanese language pack and keyboard layout in Windows 11. The same procedures apply to every other keyboard language you wish to add to Windows 11 (such as Chinese, Arabic, Hindi, and so on).
In Windows 11, how can I add a keyboard language layout on the taskbar?
When you have two or more keyboard layouts installed in Windows 11, the keyboard language layout buttons on the taskbar will display.
You must add a second keyboard language if the keyboard layout button does not appear on the taskbar if you only have one default keyboard language.
To add a second keyboard language, follow the steps outlined above.
After you’ve added at least one extra keyboard language to Windows 11, the keyboard layout button should appear on the taskbar.
In Windows 11, you can also add a keyboard layout button to the fast settings section of the taskbar.
To do so, press the volume or network (or WiFi) buttons to bring up the quick settings menu. Then, choose “Edit quick settings” from the drop-down menu (pen icon).
To add it to the quick settings section, click Add and then choose Keyboard layout.
To switch between keyboard layouts, use two keyboard shortcuts.
Instead of utilizing keyboard shortcuts to switch between your additional keyboard language inputs in Windows or from inside an app or game, we suggest using keyboard shortcuts to switch to your chosen keyboard layout immediately.
- Win + Space – Press the Space key repeatedly while holding down the Windows key to swap between your keyboard layouts.
- Alt + Shift – Similar to Win + Space, hold ALT and hit Shift repeatedly to toggle between your additional keyboard language inputs.
This article will teach you how to add a new language to Windows 11 and how to add the keyboard input layout for that language on the taskbar.
The windows change keyboard layout shortcut is a feature that allows users to switch their keyboard language without having to go through the hassle of going into the settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add language keyboard icon to taskbar?
You can add a language keyboard icon to your taskbar by going to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and selecting the Language Keyboard Icon.
How can I add language to Windows 11?
There is no way to add languages to Windows 11.
How do I change the keyboard layout in Windows 11?
To change the keyboard layout in Windows 11, you can use the Language and Text option under Control Panel.
- how to change keyboard language windows 10 shortcut
- how to change keyboard layout windows 7
- what is my keyboard layout
- how to change keyboard language on chromebook
- how to change keyboard layout on ipad