This article will help you fix iPhone Wi-Fi Connected But Not Working with the most common solutions.
The ios 14 wifi connected but no internet is a problem that can occur on iOS devices. There are 13 ways to fix it, including resetting your network settings.
Have you ever had the frustrating experience of having your iPhone Wi-Fi connected but not working?
Are you trying to figure out why your iPhone 11/12 wifi connection isn’t functioning or why your iPhone won’t connect to wifi after updating to iOS 13/13/15?
There’s no need to be concerned since there are solutions available.
People have been experiencing problems with “WiFi connection but no Internet” on their iPhones for the last several years.
Unfortunately, there is no one solution to this problem. However, there are a variety of reasons why your iPhone says it’s connected to the internet but isn’t functioning.
So, if you’re seeing the same error message, take a deep breath and read the rest of this article.
Here are some troubleshooting suggestions for the iPhone Wi-Fi connected but not functioning problem.
But, before you rush to the answers, you need first understand what’s causing the problems.
So let’s get started…
Why is it that my iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi but does not work?
My iPhone wifi is connected but not functioning issue may be caused by a number of factors.
When a problem like this arises, you should examine both the router and the device you’re using.
From the router’s perspective, the issue is as follows:
- It’s possible that the internet wire connected into the router is broken or fractured.
- Perhaps there is a bug in the device firmware, or perhaps the wireless infrastructure is outdated.
- It’s possible that the signal is weak.
- Multiple individuals using the same Wi-Fi connection may also be an issue.
From the standpoint of the device, the issue is as follows:
- On iPhone/iPad, it’s possible that Airplane mode is turned on.
- The router is a long way away from the device.
- Another potential reason is a software problem.
- It’s possible that your connection is often sluggish.
- Another problem may be the network or modem, or even the iPhone’s antenna.
What Can I Do If My iPhone Is Wi-Fi Connected But Not Working?
I’ll show you how to cope with iPhone connected to Wifi but no internet, iPhone 11 WiFi connected but not functioning, and other problems with your iPhone in this article.
So, let’s have a look at the options:
Remember that these techniques will work in any scenario, whether you have an iPhone 12/11/XR/XS/XS Max/8/7/6 Wifi connected but no internet or your iPhone is running iOS 15/14/13/12 or lower versions.
1st Solution: Restart Your iPhone
The simplest and most frequent technique for dealing with an iPhone connected to Wi-Fi but with no internet or other problem is to reset your iPhone.
It has the potential to repair a variety of minor issues with your device.
- Simply press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds.
- Then, to turn off your iPhone, drag the “Slide to power off” button.
- To switch on your phone after it has been turned off, press and hold the sleep/wake button.
NOTE: Depending on the iPhone model, the restarting procedure may vary.
Solution 2: Restart the modem and router.
You should reset your modem and router after restarting your iPhone. Many users are oblivious to this little detail and choose to ignore it.
However, if your iPhone wifi is connected but not functioning with iOS 14, this is an essential procedure to follow.
It’s very useful, and it may often fix the problem you’re having.
Fix 3: Install the most recent version of iOS.
When your device is not updated to the most recent version, you may often see similar error messages.
As Apple publishes upgrades for iPhone models, you should check to see whether your iPhone needs any new updates.
Whether you’re having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi or experiencing other issues, see if your device’s operating system needs to be updated.
Follow the procedures below to check for software updates:
- First, go to Settings > click on General
- After that, choose Software Update.
- If there is an update available, it will be shown on the iPhone screen. Select Download and Install from the menu.
Fix 4: Disable Wi-Fi Assist.
Wi-Fi Assist comes in handy when your Wi-Fi signal is weak and you need to switch to mobile data.
As a result, you should attempt to turn it off and see whether everything is working properly.
Follow the instructions below:
- First, go to Settings > Mobile Data
- Move down and disable Wi-Fi Assist.
Fix No. 5: Turn on Airplane Mode
Airplane mode is helpful in a variety of ways, but keep in mind that activating it disables your device’s network connection.
Turning it on, on the other hand, may often resolve Wi-Fi problems on the iPhone.
To do so, open the control center and then click the Airplane Mode button. This will activate it for a few seconds before disabling it again.
Fix #6: Forget about the Wi-Fi network.
Forgetting about the Wi-Fi network may also help you get rid of iPhone Wi-Fi that is connected but not functioning.
Here are the steps you must take:
- First, open Settings on your iPhone > click on the Wi-Fi option
- Now, choose the network’s name from the drop-down menu.
- After that, go to “Forget This Network.”
After that, you’ll get a message that says “Forget Wi-Fi Network “Network Name”
Enter the password once again when you want to rejoin. Then see whether the problem has been resolved.
Fix #7: For Wi-Fi networking, disable location services.
Turning off the location function for Wi-Fi networking, according to the user, resolved the problem.
As a result, you should give it a go by following the instructions below:
- First, go to Settings > click on Privacy
- Then choose Location Services from the drop-down menu.
- Press System services now.
- Turn off Wi-Fi networking after that.
Check to see whether the problem you’re having has been fixed.
Fix #8: Disconnect Bluetooth.
If your iPhone’s Bluetooth is switched on, it will also display the message “wifi connected but not functioning.”
Because Bluetooth may interfere with Wi-Fi connections, this is the case.
So whenever you connect your device to Wi-Fi then ensure Bluetooth is turned off. This can be done by going to Settings > General > turn it off.
Fix #9: Make use of Google DNS.
You may not realize it, but by default, all Wi-Fi networks setup DNS for you.
Changing OpenDNS or Google DNS, on the other hand, often helps to resolve the issue.
You must do so by following the procedures outlined below:
- To begin, go to Settings and choose Wi-Fi.
- Now choose the Wi-Fi network that is causing the issue.
- Select Manual from the Configure DNS drop-down menu.
- Then delete the item under DNS servers and replace it with 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.8.8. After that, select Add Server and type in 18.104.22.168. You may also use the following OpenDNS numbers: 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199.
After you’ve made all of these adjustments, double-check that everything is functioning properly.
Fix number ten is to reset the network settings.
You may also attempt to reset network settings in addition to repairs. This will re-establish network connections such as Wi-Fi, mobile data, and so on.
Here are the procedures to resetting your network settings:
- Go to Settings and choose General from the drop-down menu.
- Then move down and click on Reset > Reset Network Settings
That is all there is to it. Because everything is reset from the beginning, this may fix your issue.
Fix 11: Update the Firmware on the Router
If your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi but has no internet access, you should upgrade your router to resolve the problem.
To do so, you must first look up the model and version number. This information may be found in the device’s packaging or in the instruction manual.
The model and version number may also be found on the router itself. After that, go to the official website of the manufacturer and look for the download area. The firmware may then be downloaded and installed.
If you’re not sure how to accomplish it, go to the manufacturer’s official website for instructions.
Fix 12: Use iTunes to update the software.
When your device’s software fails to update, you may use iTunes to update it.
But first, make sure you have the most recent version of iTunes installed.
The steps are as follows:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer first.
- Then go to iTunes and choose your iPhone.
- Then choose Summary.
- Now press the Check for Updates button.
- If a new version is available, just click on Update or tap on Download and Install.
Fix 13: Seek help from Apple.
When none of the previous techniques work, you’re left with just one option: calling Apple Support.
Contacting the team may be able to assist you in resolving your iPhone WiFi connection but no internet issue.
If there is a hardware issue, they will be able to better advise you on how to resolve it.
Otherwise, you may take your iPhone to an Apple Store to have it thoroughly examined and dealt with by experts.
Many customers have complained that their iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi but has no internet connection, which is very inconvenient.
However, if you encounter the problem, you should be able to resolve it by following all of the aforementioned methods.
Also, if you have any ideas or questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
You may also contact us via our social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices
The iphone disconnects from wifi when locked ios 14 is a problem that many iPhone users have encountered. This article will provide 13 fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Wi-Fi not working with iOS 14?
This is a known issue with iOS 14. There are several workarounds that can be done to fix this issue, but the most common one is to update your router firmware.
Does iOS 14.3 fix Wi-Fi issues?
Yes, iOS 14.3 fixes the Wi-Fi issues that some users were experiencing.
How do you fix Wi-Fi on iPhone but not work?
Im not sure what you mean by Wi-Fi on iPhone but not work.
- ios 14.7 wifi issues
- ios 14.6 wifi issues
- iphone not connecting to wifi after update
- ios wifi bug
- ios 14 wifi issues reddit